Comment on page
Automatically tag orders and customers
Auto Tag can help you tag your customers or orders, when a certain condition is met.
Below is the tutorial on how to use the feature.
- Go to Dashboard and enable Auto Tags
- After enabling, go to Configuration
- Press Create new tag rule to customize your rule
- Enter the Name of the rule
- Choose to Enable or Disable the rule
- In Events, you can choose 1 out of 5 events
- Customer Created: you can tag an account if that account has certain text (i.e. a company domain in the email)
For order-related events:
- Order Created
- Order Paid
- Order Fulfilled
- Order Cancelled
You can tag that certain customer or that certain order if a certain condition is met. Details on how to set it up is below.
Also, if the event is Customer Created, you can choose which Registration Form to apply to:
In this section, you can define what will be tagged, based on your customer's behavior.
If the event is set to Customer Created, you can select:
You can choose which information will be checked if that customer can be tagged or not. In Contain, there are 4 options:
- Does not contain
- Is equal to
- Is not equal to
In the last field, you can type in the information to check.
- The first field is Email
- Second field is Contain
- Third field is bsscommerce.com
That means every signs up that contain the phrase "bsscommerce.com" will be tagged.
If the event is set to other events, you can select:
The set up is the same. But for the 2nd field, you can choose Greater than or Less than, if the first field is set to items like Order Amount.
- The first field is Order Amount
- Second field is Greater than
- Third field is 20000
That means every orders that is more than $20.000 will be tagged.
In Step 2, you've defined what action will be tagged.
In this step, you can define what the tag will be or what will lead to a tag being deleted.
- I'll use the $20.000 orders will be tagged previously.
- In Action, I'll use Add Order's Tag and the tag is "Big Order"
That means every orders that is more than $20.000 will be tagged as "Big Order" in your Shopify Admin console.
After a rule is created, you can apply that rule to all your previous orders/customers
Click on Apply to Previous Customers & Orders, this screen should pop up:
In Apply to Previous Customers & Orders, you can select a rule that you created, and hit Submit. This will apply to all customers and orders on your store that meet the condition in the rule.
Likewise, you can also remove certain tags from all your customers/orders with Remove Customer/Order Tags.
Last modified 1mo ago